Shearline Precision Engineering is one of the UK’s most advanced engineering companies.
Since its establishment in 1973, Shearline has been working closely with the Cambridge high-technology cluster and its knowledge and expertise has developed along with that of its clients.
A programme of continuous investment and specialist knowledge in areas such as exotic materials, laser technology and nanotechnology means that the company is able to offer its clients unique insights into the latest engineering processes and to apply this expertise within its precision engineering, rapid prototyping and design for manufacture services.
In 1993 the company moved into a purpose-built 77,000 sq ft facility based near Ely, Cambridgeshire, with capacity for large and small scale manufacture to the highest quality standards.
Standards and accreditation
- ISO 9001:2008 certificate for quality management
- ISO 14001:2004 certification for environmental management systems
- BS AS 9100
- We are signatories to the SC21 programme and working towards attaining accreditation. SC21 is a continuous improvement scheme for aerospace and defence projects.
Shearline takes its commitment to environmental protection seriously. It has invested in technology and policies that minimise its environmental impacts, including:
- Mechwash 400 cleaning station which replaces the use of cleaning solvents
- Fleet vehicles run on Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) filled from an onsite tank
- Onsite combined heat and power plant provides efficient use of electricity
- Comprehensive waste management policy ensures waste is minimised and recycling maximised
- 2010 NAS, Highly Commended, National Employer of the Year
- 2010 NAS, Regional Best Medium Employer of the Year
- 2010 MWP 10 Finalist, Best Subcontractor – Forming & Fabrication
- 2010 Cambridge News, Business Excellence Awards, Finalist