As a company we work to the aerospace AS9100 quality standard. We expect all of our employees to be able to follow procedures, have the ability to read complex engineering drawings and produce work to a very high standard.
We need people who are flexible, reliable and keen to work as part of a team.
Having previously worked in precision engineering/manufacturing is essential for these roles.
For Apprenticeships at Shearline please click the link below:
All of our Apprenticeship vacancies for 2019 have been filled.
Working within our busy Fabrication department the ideal applicant would have Knowledge and experience of general sheet metal processes to support our requirement to:
TIG weld stainless mild steel and aluminium to a very high standard while working to engineering drawings. Involvement in developing new products in conjunction with our customer requirements for light to medium fabrications and be able to fabricate their own jigs and fixtures where applicable.
In addition to above, you must have experience of general Sheet Metal duties to support your role as a Welder/Fabricator.
Health Safety and Environmental (HS&E) Advisor
We are looking for an HS&E Advisor to support the Managing Director, in the day to day running of the business. Due the nature of our business, the successful HS&E Advisor should originate from a manufacturing or engineering background. Responsibilities will include:
• Being hands on to provide H&S and Environmental guidance to all personnel.
• Ensuring the business remains compliant with all applicable UK regulatory requirements.
• Managing an Environmental system conforming to BSEN ISO 14001, to include reviewing relevant aspects and impacts, ranking significance and managing resulting environmental improvement projects, in conjunction with the QA manager arrange internal audits, host surveillance audit visits and manage findings.
• Assist in the production, review and interpretation of policies, procedures, assessments & training programmes.
• Review accident/incident data with a view to ongoing improvement.
• With the introduction of a new processes, you will provide HS&E and technical support guidance to ensure compliance. The successful candidate should have the following:
• NEBOSH General Certificate.
• 3-5 years’ experience within an HS&E role within a technical manufacturing or engineering environment.
• Experience of 14001 & Health and Safety management systems, with experience of implementing or managing these.
• Must be confident in talking to groups of people. This is a great opportunity with excellent development potential.
CNC Miller – Setter/Operator
We are looking for a highly skilled CNC Miller to set and run CNC machines with Fanuc based control system. The successful applicants should have served an apprenticeship or gained a high level of experience in machining.
It would be beneficial if you have machined a wide range of materials including stainless, aluminium, mild steel, brass and plastics.
Although you will be working as part of a team you will need to work on your own initiative, with minimal supervision.
You must be able to work to tight tolerances and be responsible for the quality of your own work.
All our roles are integral to Shearline.
As we continue to grow, so will you and your position.
If you are interested in any of the above vacancies, please apply with your current CV to:
or send by post to:
Shearline Precision Engineering Limited
Cambridgeshire Business Park