As a company we work to the aerospace AS9100 quality standard. We expect all of our employees to be able to follow procedures, have the ability to read complex engineering drawings and produce work to a very high standard.
We need people who are flexible, reliable and keen to work as part of a team.
Having previously worked in precision engineering/manufacturing is essential for these roles.
Technical Sales Manager
Being part of the management team and reporting to the General Manager, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who thrives on success.
It is essential that you have a good General Engineering background, ideally apprenticeship trained with knowledge and experience in Milling, Turning, Sheet Metal, Assembly, Plating and Powder Coat Painting. You must also have an understanding of: ISO 9001:2008, and AS9100.
In this role you will be responsible for sales within the Shearline group, which includes ShearXL and Hybrid Laser Tech.
Being commercially aware you must be familiar with the existing market place and be able to target new markets. You will be expected to set up and monitor supply agreements and contracts.
You will be responsible for Team Management as follows:
- • Management, motivation & development of the sales team.
- • Management of target delivery ensuring that forecasts are accurate and timely.
- • Report in accordance with management requirements and deadlines ie forecasting and sales metrics.
- • Presentations, costing and quote generation.
- • Qualification of prospective customers, work with customers at all levels to initiate and develop close customer relationships.
- • Conduct customer tours of our state of the art facility.
- • Monitoring of agreed targets and objectives to ensure their successful achievement.
If you have a proven track record in Sales, excellent people management/ leadership skills, consider yourself to be a team player, who has drive, determination and is not afraid to take responsibility, then we would like to hear from you.
We are currently looking for a GIBBS Programmer to join our rapidly expanding business unit, at ShearXL, manufacturing complex parts typically for use in motor sport power transmission and engine assembly. These are machined from large castings in very small batches. The parts are of high value, made to a very high standard and we expect zero scrap.
The role involves:
- support the business with offline programming of complex parts
- excellent CAD/CAM skills (software – Gibbs)
- being a casting specialist
- using Fanuc, Haas and Heidenheim controlled machines
- problem-solving techniques
- the reading and interpretation of very complex drawings
- the design and manufacture of fixtures and tooling
- setting up new jobs
- ability to work to very tight tolerances (microns)
- loading, examining and modifying CNC programmes
- having a good understanding of what a programme is going to do in order that equipment and parts are protected from potential damage
- documenting the work done accurately and comprehensively
- being able to interface with customers and understand the importance of customer requirements
- working to achieve project deadlines
Working in a supported environment you will need you to have:
- a strong engineering background
- excellent attention to detail
- right first time approach
- previous experience of working with low volume/high value parts
CNC Miller Programmer/Setter/Operator – Fanuc Control – up to 5 axis machines
We require a time served apprentice in engineering with experience of:
- manufacturing parts for Automotive, Ministry, Aerospace, F1 and Medical industries desirable.
- producing small and large batch quantities of components to meet customer specifications.
- planning the most efficient sequence of operations for the job.
- checking that work meets quality and technical guidelines.
Key skills required:
- operating CNC horizontal or vertical milling machines as a minimum skill requirement
- working on Mori Seiki and Haas machines
- working to tight tolerances
- machining a wide range of materials
- loading fixtures, programs and tooling according to setup sheets
- running work through and checking using a metrology cmm automated checking machine
- health & safety awareness
Working within our busy Fabrication department the ideal applicant would have Knowledge and experience of general sheet metal processes to support our requirement to:
TIG weld stainless mild steel and aluminium to a very high standard while working to engineering drawings. Involvement in developing new products in conjunction with our customer requirements for light to medium fabrications and be able to fabricate their own jigs and fixtures where applicable.
In addition to above, you must have experience of general Sheet Metal duties to support your role as a Welder/Fabricator. See above Skilled Sheet Metal Worker for details of this element of the role.
Britan/Capstan – Setter/Operator
We currently have a vacancy for someone who must have Britan/Capstan experience. The successful person will be able to set and operate manual lathes.
We use a wide range of materials including stainless, magnesium, mild steel and aluminium.
Although you will be working as part of a team you will need to work on your own initiative, with minimal supervision.
You must be able to work to tight tolerances and be responsible for the quality of your own work.
Turner 2 Axis CNC
Do you have an excellent understanding of the turning process and can work to tight tolerances? We specialise in manufacturing low volume, high quality components, and due to continuous expansion we are actively seeking an experienced 2 axis CNC Turner to expand our engineering team.
- • Proven time served experience in programming, setting and operating 2 axis turning machines.
- • Excellent working knowledge of 2 axis CNC machines, cutting speeds and feeds, geometric tolerances.
- • Solid understanding of interpreting engineering drawings and standards.
- • Experience of Fanuc controls.
- • Worked within a machine shop environment.
- • Have a hands-on, quality driven, positive, self-motivated manner in order to be able to hit the ground running.
For Apprenticeships at Shearline please click the link below:
All our roles are integral to Shearline.
As we continue to grow, so will you and your position.
If you are interested in any of the above vacancies, please apply with your current CV to:
or send by post to:
Shearline Precision Engineering Limited
Cambridgeshire Business Park