As a company we work to the aerospace AS9100 quality standard. We expect all of our employees to be able to follow procedures, have the ability to read complex engineering drawings and produce work to a very high standard.
We need people who are flexible, reliable and keen to work as part of a team.
Having previously worked in precision engineering/manufacturing is essential for these roles.
Working within our busy Fabrication department the ideal applicant would have Knowledge and experience of general sheet metal processes to support our requirement to:
TIG weld stainless mild steel and aluminium to a very high standard while working to engineering drawings. Involvement in developing new products in conjunction with our customer requirements for light to medium fabrications and be able to fabricate their own jigs and fixtures where applicable.
In addition to above, you must have experience of general Sheet Metal duties to support your role as a Welder/Fabricator.
We are looking for a skilled CNC Miller/Turner to programme, set and run CNC machines with Fanuc based control system. The successful applicants should have served an apprenticeship or gained a high level of experience in machining.
It would be beneficial for you to have machined a wide range of materials including stainless, magnesium, mild steel and aluminium.
Although you will be working as part of a team you will need to work on your own initiative, with minimal supervision.
You must be able to work to tight tolerances and be responsible for the quality of your own work.
We are currently looking for a GIBBS Programmer to join our rapidly expanding business unit, at ShearXL, manufacturing complex parts typically for use in motor sport power transmission and engine assembly. These are machined from large castings in very small batches. The parts are of high value, made to a very high standard and we expect zero scrap.
The role involves:
- support the business with offline programming of complex parts
- excellent CAD/CAM skills (software – Gibbs)
- being a casting specialist
- using Fanuc, Haas and Heidenheim controlled machines
- problem-solving techniques
- the reading and interpretation of very complex drawings
- the design and manufacture of fixtures and tooling
- setting up new jobs
- ability to work to very tight tolerances (microns)
- loading, examining and modifying CNC programmes
- having a good understanding of what a programme is going to do in order that equipment and parts are protected from potential damage
- documenting the work done accurately and comprehensively
- being able to interface with customers and understand the importance of customer requirements
- working to achieve project deadlines
Working in a supported environment you will need you to have:
- a strong engineering background
- excellent attention to detail
- right first time approach
- previous experience of working with low volume/high value parts
Production Worker (Engineering Assistant)
We are looking for a number of Engineering Assistants to perform basic, engineering tasks.
In order to do this you must have the following attributes:
- A flexible attitude to work as you will be moving between departments such as; Assembly, Machining, Fabrication, Stores and Quality.
- A driving licence as you may be asked to make deliveries to customers.
- Good team player but with capacity to work alone.
- Methodical and accurate – to maintain excellent quality.
- Practical – prepared to consider different ways/methods of working.
- Capable of following verbal & written work instruction.
No previous skills or engineering experience necessary as training will be given, in all departments, as and when required.
CNC Turner Programmer/Setter/Operator – Fanuc Control – Sliding Heads – 3 – 9 axis machines
Key skills required:
- understand engineering drawings and instructions
- work with great accuracy
- calculate cutting speeds and feeds
- possess a sound understanding of the properties of the materials, strengths and other characteristics of metals
- visualisation of finished products
- health and safety awareness
- excellent numeracy and computer literacy skills
CNC Miller Programmer/Setter/Operator – Fanuc Control – up to 5 axis machines
We require a time served apprentice in engineering with experience of:
- manufacturing parts for Automotive, Ministry, Aerospace, F1 and Medical industries desirable.
- producing small and large batch quantities of components to meet customer specifications.
- planning the most efficient sequence of operations for the job.
- checking that work meets quality and technical guidelines.
Key skills required:
- operating CNC horizontal or vertical milling machines as a minimum skill requirement
- working on Mori Seiki and Haas machines
- working to tight tolerances
- machining a wide range of materials
- loading fixtures, programs and tooling according to setup sheets
- running work through and checking using a metrology cmm automated checking machine
- health & safety awareness
All our roles are integral to Shearline.
As we continue to grow, so will you and your position.
If you are interested in any of the above vacancies, please apply with your current CV to:
or send by post to:
Shearline Precision Engineering Limited
Cambridgeshire Business Park