As a company we work to the aerospace AS9100 quality standard. We expect all of our employees to be able to follow procedures, have the ability to read complex engineering drawings and produce work to a very high standard.
We need people who are flexible, reliable and keen to work as part of a team.
Having previously worked in precision engineering/manufacturing is essential for these roles.
For Apprenticeships at Shearline please click the link below:
All of our Apprenticeship vacancies for 2019 have been filled.
Programmer/Setter/Operator – Milling – ShearXL
This is an ideal career opportunity for a skilled CNC Miller to programme, set and operate 4th and 5th axis, Fanuc based controlled, Haas and Matsuura milling machines.
The role involves:
- The reading and interpretation of very complex drawings.
- The design and manufacture of fixtures where appropriate.
- Setting up new jobs.
- Ability to work to very tight tolerances (microns).
- Loading, examining and modifying CNC programmes.
- Having a good understanding of what a programme is going to do in order that equipment and parts are protected from potential damage.
- Documenting the work done accurately and comprehensively.
- Being able to understand the importance of customer requirements and work to achieve deadlines.
- Support the business with offline programming of complex parts.
- Excellent CAD/CAM skills, preferably Gibbscam but training can be provided for this package.
- Project Management and customer facing skills.
- Problem-solving techniques.
- provide QA support.
CNC Miller – Setter/Operator – Day shift
To be considered for this role, you must be a precision engineer, who has worked in a high precision engineering workshop, not furniture, food industries etc.
Having experience of using Fanuc controls, it is essential that you:
- are able to work to tight tolerances
- produce work of the highest quality
- have served an apprenticeship or gained a high level of experience in machining
- are willing to run multiple machines, to maximize productivity and efficiencies
- are confident to work on your own initiative, with minimal supervisor
It would be beneficial if you have machined a wide range of materials including stainless, aluminium, mild steel, brass and plastics.
Business Development Engineer
Shearline is looking to expand their Sales team (and customer base) by recruiting a Business Development Representative. The successful candidate will be externally based with a bias to be out on the road selling Shearline’s services across the three divisions: Shearline, ShearXL and Hybrid Laser Tech. These divisions operate in the Aerospace, Auto-sport, Defence, Medical and Scientific sectors.
- Identify new potential customers (from both existing and new sectors) and approach them with our offering
- Liaise closely with Production, Accounts, Estimators and Account Management teams to successfully manage new work in to the factory
- Learn all company systems, processes and capabilities to assist with office operations, if necessary
Knowledge of precision engineering processes (Milling, Turning, Sheet, Fabrication, Laser cutting) and drawings (ideally apprenticeship trained)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Commercially aware to manage profit margins and organise stock holding agreements / orders
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Strong Computer Skills (Outlook, Excel & knowledge of a MRP system – Mie Trak desirable)
- An understanding of ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100.
- Competitive salary with car allowance and bonus
- 23 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- 4% contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Optional 4 day working week
We are looking for an Engineering Assistant to perform basic, engineering tasks. In order to do this, you must have the following attributes:
- A flexible attitude to work as you will be moving between departments such as; Assembly, Machining, Fabrication, Stores and Quality.
- A driving licence as you may be asked to make deliveries to customers.
- Good team player but with capacity to work alone.
- Methodical and accurate – to maintain excellent quality.
- Practical – prepared to consider different ways/methods of working.
- Capable of following verbal & written work instruction.
- No previous skills or engineering experience necessary as training will be given, in all departments, as and when required.
All our roles are integral to Shearline.
As we continue to grow, so will you and your position.
If you are interested in any of the above vacancies, please apply with your current CV to:
or send by post to:
Shearline Precision Engineering Limited
Cambridgeshire Business Park