As a company we work to the aerospace AS9100 quality standard. We expect all of our employees to be able to follow procedures, have the ability to read complex engineering drawings and produce work to a very high standard.
We need people who are flexible, reliable and keen to work as part of a team.
Having previously worked in precision engineering/manufacturing is essential for these roles.
We are currently looking for a GIBBS Programmer to join our rapidly expanding business unit, at ShearXL, manufacturing complex parts typically for use in motor sport power transmission and engine assembly. These are machined from large castings in very small batches. The parts are of high value, made to a very high standard and we expect zero scrap.
The role involves:
- support the business with offline programming of complex parts
- excellent CAD/CAM skills (software – Gibbs)
- being a casting specialist
- using Fanuc, Haas and Heidenheim controlled machines
- problem-solving techniques
- the reading and interpretation of very complex drawings
- the design and manufacture of fixtures and tooling
- setting up new jobs
- ability to work to very tight tolerances (microns)
- loading, examining and modifying CNC programmes
- having a good understanding of what a programme is going to do in order that equipment and parts are protected from potential damage
- documenting the work done accurately and comprehensively
- being able to interface with customers and understand the importance of customer requirements
- working to achieve project deadlines
Working in a supported environment you will need you to have:
- a strong engineering background
- excellent attention to detail
- right first time approach
- previous experience of working with low volume/high value parts
Press Brake Operator
As a Press Brake Operator you must have a good knowledge of sheet metal and be experienced in sheet metal processes including fabrication, development and sheet metal assembly.
Ideally we are looking for someone who has programmed, set and operated some of the following machines:
- Amada HFB 8025 CNC Pressbrake
- Amada HFE 100/30 CNC Pressbrake
- Mebusa CNC Pressbrake.
You must be competent at general Sheet Metal duties including; deburring, drilling and spot welding.
Skilled Sheet Metal Worker
In addition to all the requirements of a Press Brake Operator you must have programmed, set and operated the following machines:
- LVD Axel Laser
- Trumpf TC2020R punch
Applications will be considered for both the Press Brake Operator and Skilled Sheet Metal Worker if the candidate has experience on similar machines.
* For any of our sheet metal vacancies, if you are proficient in the use of Lantek software or a similar CAD/CAM package for the sheet metal industry then we would very much like to hear from you.
Production Worker (Engineering Assistant)
We are looking for a number of Engineering Assistants to perform basic, engineering tasks.
In order to do this you must have the following attributes:
- A flexible attitude to work as you will be moving between departments such as; Assembly, Machining, Fabrication, Stores and Quality.
- A driving licence as you may be asked to make deliveries to customers.
- Good team player but with capacity to work alone.
- Methodical and accurate – to maintain excellent quality.
- Practical – prepared to consider different ways/methods of working.
- Capable of following verbal & written work instruction.
No previous skills or engineering experience necessary as training will be given, in all departments, as and when required.
We are looking for a highly organised and methodical person, who can assist our Buyer with day-to-day administrative duties such as:
- Checking acknowledgements against the purchase order.
- Expediting orders to ensure that materials are shipped and delivered on promised dates.
You will need to have good communication skills including an excellent telephone manner.
Good attention to detail and accuracy is paramount.
CNC Turner Programmer/Setter/Operator – Fanuc Control – Sliding Heads – 3 – 9 axis machines
Key skills required:
- understand engineering drawings and instructions
- work with great accuracy
- calculate cutting speeds and feeds
- possess a sound understanding of the properties of the materials, strengths and other characteristics of metals
- visualisation of finished products
- health and safety awareness
- excellent numeracy and computer literacy skills
CNC Miller Programmer/Setter/Operator – Fanuc Control – up to 5 axis machines
We require a time served apprentice in engineering with experience of:
- manufacturing parts for Automotive, Ministry, Aerospace, F1 and Medical industries desirable.
- producing small and large batch quantities of components to meet customer specifications.
- planning the most efficient sequence of operations for the job.
- checking that work meets quality and technical guidelines.
Key skills required:
- operating CNC horizontal or vertical milling machines as a minimum skill requirement
- working on Mori Seiki and Haas machines
- working to tight tolerances
- machining a wide range of materials
- loading fixtures, programs and tooling according to setup sheets
- running work through and checking using a metrology cmm automated checking machine
- health & safety awareness
All our roles are integral to Shearline.
As we continue to grow, so will you and your position.
If you are interested in any of the above vacancies, please apply with your current CV to:
or send by post to:
Shearline Precision Engineering Limited
Cambridgeshire Business Park