At Shearline, we value our employees and our work-life balance. We understand the importance of flexible working and offer a 4-day working week (37½ week worked over 4 days).
We are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.
We actively help you train and develop, via our performance management process.
Caring for each other’s well-being and success, is part of what we do. Our culture is one of collaboration, respect, and integrity.
We offer a clean, pleasant working environment with a recreation room, free tea & coffee facilities, onsite parking, employee award scheme, finder’s fee, incremental holiday entitlement and long service awards.
In addition to all of this, our remuneration and benefits package is very competitive.
As a company we work to the aerospace AS9100 quality standard. We expect all of our employees to be able to follow procedures, have the ability to read complex engineering drawings and produce work to a very high standard.
We need people who are flexible, reliable and keen to work as part of a team.
Having previously worked in precision engineering/manufacturing is essential for these roles.
Working within our busy Fabrication department the ideal applicant would have Knowledge and experience of general sheet metal processes to support our requirement to:
TIG weld stainless mild steel and aluminium to a very high standard while working to engineering drawings. Involvement in developing new products in conjunction with our customer requirements for light to medium fabrications and be able to fabricate their own jigs and fixtures where applicable.
In addition to above, you must have experience of general Sheet Metal duties to support your role as a Welder/Fabricator.
CNC Programmer/Setter/Operator – Horizontal Milling (Day or Nightshift)
We are looking for a highly skilled CNC Machinist to programme, set and run Mori Seiki twin pallet horizontal milling machines with Fanuc based control systems.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have a good understanding of 3, 4 and 5 axis machining and to have machined a wide range of materials including stainless, aluminium, mild steel, brass and plastics.
Although you will be working as part of a team you will need to work on your own initiative, with minimal supervision.
You must be able to work to tight tolerances and be responsible for the quality of your own work.
The ideal candidate will either have served an apprenticeship or gained a high level of experience in machining as stated above. Experience of CAD/CAM programming would also be a distinct advantage.
Days Only – Monday to Thursday
Would you like to only work 4 days a week, with flexible start and finish times to suit you? If yes, then this could be your ideal role.
We are looking for a skilled/experienced CNC Programmer/Setter/Operator to operate a variety of machines Milling/Turning Centers to perform assigned tasks.
The ideal candidate should have Prototrak PMX Control/Siemens Sinumerik experience and can program complex parts both at the machine or on an off line CAD system (OneCNC).
Able to read and understand complex drawings and have a good eye for detail.
Must work well within a team.
Have good problem-solving ideas.
- Review parts produced, drawings or instructions to understand required specifications.
- Be responsible for own quality recording outputs to drawing specifications.
- Monitor machine while working to achieve optimum outputs.
- Always looking for continuous improvement in all processes.
We are looking for an Engineering Assistant to perform a variety of engineering tasks within our busy Fabrication and Welding department.
Duties will include:
- General Sheet Metal duties including deburring, drilling, spot welding, assembly and operating equipment within the Sheet Factory cell environment.
- Operate sheet metal equipment.
- Within your capabilities, carry out maintenance to equipment and machinery within your cell.
- Assist other members of your team with regard to setting/operating machinery as and when necessary.
- Ensure all company standards are promoted and maintained.
- Ensure safe working practices at all times.
- Ensure commitment and application of the company Quality, Environmental and HS Policies.
- Maintain areas and equipment in accordance with the Kaizen 5S workplace organisation standard.
- Help to identify ways in which processes may be improved, including reduction of set up times.
- Carry out any other duties that may from time to time be reasonably requested to assist in the day to day running of the company.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- A flexible attitude to work as you will be undertaking various activities within the department.
- Good team player but with capacity to work alone.
- Methodical and accurate – to maintain excellent quality standards.
- Practical – prepared to consider different ways/methods of working.
- Capable of following verbal & written work instruction.
- A driving licence would be an advantage as you may, on occasion be asked to make deliveries to customers.
No previous skills or engineering experience necessary as training will be given.
In return Shearline will offer the following benefits:
- The option to work 37.5hrs over a 4-day week Monday to Thursday or a 5-day week Monday to Friday
- Flexible start and finish times
- Company pension scheme.
- Attendance bonus
- Long service awards
For Apprenticeships at Shearline please click the link below:
All our roles are integral to Shearline.
If you are interested in any of the above vacancies, please apply with your current CV to:
or send by post to:
Shearline Precision Engineering Limited
Cambridgeshire Business Park