As a company we work to the aerospace AS9100 quality standard. We expect all of our employees to be able to follow procedures, have the ability to read complex engineering drawings and produce work to a very high standard.
We need people who are flexible, reliable and keen to work as part of a team.
Having previously worked in precision engineering/manufacturing is essential for these roles.
For Apprenticeships at Shearline please click the link below:
All of our Apprenticeship vacancies for 2018 have been filled. If interested in an Apprenticeship for next year, please apply before the end of April 2019
Despatch Assistant/Engineering Assistant
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated person to join our busy stores team, who are committed to delivering customer orders accurately and efficiently.
It is essential that you have had experience in a similar role and it would be beneficial if you possess a full, clean driving licence.
Duties will include:
• Checking stock quantities both in and out of Stores.
• Picking and packing product to company procedures.
• Occasionally driving finished goods to Customer premises and any other driving that may be required.
Although not essential, it would be beneficial if you have the following:
• Good IT skills (including Excel and Outlook).
• Experience of driving a 3.5 tonne, long wheel base van.
• Good driving practices and experience of long distance driving.
• A forklift licence.
• A flexible attitude as you could be required to work extended hours or asked to work in other departments.
CNC Miller Programmer/Setter/Operator – Fanuc Control – up to 5 axis machines
We require a time served apprentice in engineering with experience of:
- manufacturing parts for Automotive, Ministry, Aerospace, F1 and Medical industries desirable.
- producing small and large batch quantities of components to meet customer specifications.
- planning the most efficient sequence of operations for the job.
- checking that work meets quality and technical guidelines.
Key skills required:
- operating CNC horizontal or vertical milling machines as a minimum skill requirement
- working on Mori Seiki and Haas machines
- working to tight tolerances
- machining a wide range of materials
- loading fixtures, programs and tooling according to setup sheets
- running work through and checking using a metrology cmm automated checking machine
- health & safety awareness
All our roles are integral to Shearline.
As we continue to grow, so will you and your position.
If you are interested in any of the above vacancies, please apply with your current CV to:
or send by post to:
Shearline Precision Engineering Limited
Cambridgeshire Business Park