As a company we work to the aerospace AS9100 quality standard. We expect all of our employees to be able to follow procedures, have the ability to read complex engineering drawings and produce work to a very high standard.
We need people who are flexible, reliable and keen to work as part of a team.
Having previously worked in precision engineering/manufacturing is essential for these roles.
For Apprenticeships at Shearline please click the link below:
All of our Apprenticeship vacancies for 2018 have been filled. If interested in an Apprenticeship for next year, please apply before the end of April 2019
We are currently looking for a GIBBS Programmer to join our rapidly expanding business unit, at ShearXL, manufacturing complex parts typically for use in motor sport power transmission and engine assembly. These are machined from large castings in very small batches. The parts are of high value, made to a very high standard and we expect zero scrap.
The role involves:
- support the business with offline programming of complex parts
- excellent CAD/CAM skills (software – Gibbs)
- being a casting specialist
- using Fanuc, Haas and Heidenheim controlled machines
- problem-solving techniques
- the reading and interpretation of very complex drawings
- the design and manufacture of fixtures and tooling
- setting up new jobs
- ability to work to very tight tolerances (microns)
- loading, examining and modifying CNC programmes
- having a good understanding of what a programme is going to do in order that equipment and parts are protected from potential damage
- documenting the work done accurately and comprehensively
- being able to interface with customers and understand the importance of customer requirements
- working to achieve project deadlines
Working in a supported environment you will need you to have:
- a strong engineering background
- excellent attention to detail
- right first time approach
- previous experience of working with low volume/high value parts
CNC Miller Programmer/Setter/Operator – Fanuc Control – up to 5 axis machines
We require a time served apprentice in engineering with experience of:
- manufacturing parts for Automotive, Ministry, Aerospace, F1 and Medical industries desirable.
- producing small and large batch quantities of components to meet customer specifications.
- planning the most efficient sequence of operations for the job.
- checking that work meets quality and technical guidelines.
Key skills required:
- operating CNC horizontal or vertical milling machines as a minimum skill requirement
- working on Mori Seiki and Haas machines
- working to tight tolerances
- machining a wide range of materials
- loading fixtures, programs and tooling according to setup sheets
- running work through and checking using a metrology cmm automated checking machine
- health & safety awareness
All our roles are integral to Shearline.
As we continue to grow, so will you and your position.
If you are interested in any of the above vacancies, please apply with your current CV to:
or send by post to:
Shearline Precision Engineering Limited
Cambridgeshire Business Park